[RTTY] VOLTA RTTY IY1GMS operations

iw1ayd - Salvatore Irato iw1ayd at gmail.com
Tue May 6 18:44:08 EDT 2014

Hi all.
I am proud and happy to announce that this year the call  IY1GMS will be
used from our IQ1RY Club Station premises during the 48th VOLTA RTTY
Contest.

IY1GMS will be operated by I1BEP, Renato, IK1HXN, Mario, and IW1AYD, Salvo.

As several of us well know here the  IY special prefix is released only
on purpose to commemorate Guglielmo Marconi. IQ1RY will be the home
until the end of this year for that call.
Several operators are in charge for various activities all around this
year. IK1SPR, Flavio, is the master responsible for the operations. PSE
see on QRZ.COM

Many tanks Flavio for this great opportunity to use such a call, IY1GMS,
for the VOLTA RTTY Contest. We hope to push it high, with the help of
everybody on the bands.
Last but not least: TU a lot to I2DMI and IK2LOL, the VOLTA Contest
committee. For theirs hard works and tireless efforts, year by year,
staffing that great thing as the VOLTA RTTY: TU gentlemen.

Renato, Mario and I will look forward to be on the right side during the
whole VOLTA, with the strong hope to CU all on air!

       73 de iw1ayd Salvo one of the IQ1RY RTTY bunch

PS we will have a special fourth operators Mino, Mario's new cat. Mario
find this pour soul wounded on the road around the time of the RTTY
Roundup this year. But unfortunately, even after the great exercise of
the CQ WPX RTTY, we are not sure to get it acquainted to use properly
the mouse ... maybe you know why!
Maybe it will not come onto the operators list even for the next RTTY
Contests for IQ1RY, we will see.