[RTTY] W100AW Thursday 5/8

Dennis egan.dennis88 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 18:50:37 EDT 2014

I will be going to W100AW on Thursday May 8 and will be using
exclusively RTTY
for my operating this time.  Hours of operation are 1500-1600UTC, and again
from 1700-1945 UTC.  I will be on the highest open bands, and will alternate
beaming Europe and USA.

This will be my first attempt at using a multi-channel decoder to
receive stations;
in an attempt not to use more spectrum than necessary, I will be
receiving "Up 1-4"
to try and improve the rate.  The multi-channel decoder has been adjusted to
receive at 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3 KHz above my transmit frequency, so
centering
your calling on one of those frequencies will probably enhance your
chances of
getting through quickly.  I may also find that those five frequencies
are a wide
enough split to get 5 different stations on each CQ, so I may also have
to adjust
it down to 3 or 4, but I won't know until I've tried it.  In any case,
when I give
the "UP" information tomorrow, please adjust your transmissions accordingly.

Don't ask for details on how I'm doing the multi-channel decoding just
yet; I'm
figuring its going to need some fine tuning and maybe a few changes before
I'm done.  I'm also hoping to take what I learn tomorrow on my DXpedition
to HR9 the end of this month.

Dennis W1UE