[RTTY] RTTY N1MM Logger questions

Richard Ferch ve3iay at storm.ca
Mon May 12 06:54:10 EDT 2014

Dick,

Some of the filtering you want can best be done at the cluster node you
are connected to - for example, you may be able to set the cluster to
report only skimmer spots, or only non-skimmer spots, or to select spots
by mode, etc.

In N1MM Logger, with the Telnet window open, right-click in either the
Bandmap or Available Mults & Qs windows and select Packet Window Tools,
and then Packet Filters, or simply right-click in the Telnet window and
select Packet Filters. One of the options is "Allow spots for this
contest's mode(s) only". You may need to use the "Change band plan for
mode filter > Change Digital Bands" item on the same menu to set up the
Digital band plan that the program uses to decide when a spot is digital
rather than CW.

Re spots of your own call sign, if you make sure the filters at your
cluster node will pass spots of your own call sign, these spots will be
reported in the message area at the bottom of the Info window in large
font bold red text.

Are you familiar with the N1MM Logger user groups at Yahoo
(<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/N1MMLogger/info> and
might be better places to get this kind of information.

73,
Rich VE3KI