[RTTY] Good Use of PSK-31 in W1AW/P QSO's

Dick Kriss aa5vu at att.net
Thu May 29 12:22:00 EDT 2014

Last week I was tying to work one of the W1AW/P stations on 30 meter RTTY and I was at the end of the string with my 100 watts and dipole.  He asked me twice for my call and then I noticed on the waterfall he changed to PSK-31. I changed modes and  worked him (no fill requests). He changed the mode back to RTTY resumed calling. The operator was not all that busy at the time and I thought it was pretty cool.

I think PSK-31 has become the new go to mode vs. CW when conditions are bad.

73 Dick AA5VU