[RTTY] Some basic RTTY questions

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Fri May 30 00:09:22 EDT 2014

On May 29, 2014, at 8:49 PM, Michael Rapp wrote:

> The SignaLink, to my knowledge, doesn't pass-though/support FSK
> keying from the computer.  So in order to key FSK, I use a W3YY interface
> box.

That is fine; keep using whatever transmit interface you are using for FSK keying, but direct your software modem to use the SignaLink as the *receive* sound card.

> There's a mod or two on the web to modify the SignaLink to pass an FSK
> signal, but my soldering skills aren't there yet.

That is probably the person who adapted Doug K4DSP's FSKit for use in the SignaLink's enclosure.  I don't remember who did that, but it was described in a QST article about a year ago, if memory serves.  Doug's FSKit article appeared in an even earlier QST article (Cover plaque :-).

If you don't like soldering, you can use K0SM Andy's TinyFSK (just google for it), which uses an Arduino.  That reduces the amount of wires that you need to solder.

73
Chen, W7AY