[RTTY] RM-11708 on Oct 4th ARRL Exec Committee Adgenda

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Oct 2 21:12:21 EDT 2014

The commission has traditionally accepted comments in amateur matters
until Staff begins to prepare a draft notice for the Section Chief (in
the case of delegated authority) or the Commissioners review.  Amateur
issues have not been held to the strict 30/10 day standards nor has the
Commission been particularly quick to act on Amateur matters.

ARRL's last attempt to cram through PACTOR 4 (the poorly thought out
and explained "regulation by bandwidth") remained open for a couple
years with no action until ARRL pulled the proposal and began work on
what has become RM-11708.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV