[RTTY] K9MUG - SK

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Mon Oct 20 17:12:09 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Really sad news about Darrell. I hadn't seen his call for the past couple of
years in a contest, but we did manage some 60+ contacts over the years.

>From what Fred WW4LL wrote, it seems he was a bit of a dark horse to many of
us!

What some folk manage to achieve, yet keep quiet never fails to surprise me.
We used to have a member of our club who had "an interest in electronics",
but we never knew what, and he never made anything of it, just brushing
aside our queries, but when he sadly passed away, many from the club
attended his funeral, and we were extremely shocked, and also very humbled,
by the fact that some attendees were from NASA - former astronauts,
diplomats from Europe and the USA, and it turned out he was deputy head of
the European Space Agency!
He also held patents for numerous things, including the way satellite TV is
distributed.

It just goes to show how varied our hobby really is!

My sympathies to his family, they must feel deeply sad.

Cheers Darrell, you will be missed!

73 de Phil GU0SUP