[RTTY] RTTY Contesting Survey

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Sat Apr 11 18:33:02 EDT 2015

Question 2 - probably expand the "What deocder(s) do you use" to include
2Tone and GRITTY.

Question 7 is difficult for Icom owners. The radio has dual vfo's, but
the audio is mixed with a fader. Audio is not available as separate
Main/Sub audio streams. This precludes even trying SO2V if you own an
Icom. (Which was the major disappointment I discovered after I purchased
the IC-756 Pro III... I'll quit whining about this after I buy a new radio!)

Question 8 will probably also be expanded to cover the TS-990 and other
new Yaesu models. Probably an option to choose a DSR based radio  too.

Question 11 - BARTG 75 is slowly catching on.

Question 13 - might add a "Club contester" for those who get on to help
boost the score of a club effort.

You might consider adding a "What power level do you use during contests?"

You might consider adding a "Do you travel to a different / DX site to
operate RTTY contests?"

That's my 5-minute review. The website has a very nice presentation of
the previous survey results, by the way!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN