[RTTY] GRITTY

Jim W7RY w7ry at centurytel.net
Sun Apr 12 15:11:58 EDT 2015

Agreed!
73
Jim W7RY

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Muns
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2015 11:03 AM
To: rtty at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] GRITTY

Agreed, although I ponder whether it would be "good" for RTTY contesting.
Part of the skill, and fun, is quickly using multiple decoder windows to
decide if there is good copy.  Just like the CW contester has to decide if
the code he heard in the QRM and noise is good copy.  OTOH, smartly
combining the outputs of multiple decoders is just another, hopefully
"better", decoder.  And, the basic premise of RTTY is that decoder
technology is used rather than the human brain.

Ed W0YK