[RTTY] BARTG HF Contest 2015 Preliminary Results

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Wed Apr 15 16:20:24 EDT 2015

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 08:32:00 -0700, W0YK wrote:

>Ragchewing is the place to "care" about the QSO exchange and to send
>something "interesting".

Totally disagree, but to each his own. Nothing about contesting
mandates boredom. I especially like JARTS where the exchange is the
op's age and contests where the name is the exchange. Some interesting
(i.e. made up) names pop up from time to time. Next time I might be
Zuul (from Ghostbusters).

>Contesting is a sport where the purpose of the
>exchange is to test our ability to send and copy accurately and quickly.

OK, but why not test our ability with something non-boring?  Life is
to short to waste it finding out what time the other guy has.

73, Bill W6WRT