[RTTY] WHY put CQ at the end?

Wes Cosand wz7i at arrl.net
Tue Feb 17 13:09:32 EST 2015

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Larry <lknain at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> OTOH, I used WPX W6NWS and only got spotted if someone manually spotted
> it. I changed to WPX W6NWS CQ and began to show up by the skimmers.

Larry, your first macro should have been detected by my skimmer.  If it
wasn't, I have something messed up.  Whether this macro would have been
detected depends on the script written for each contest in each skimmer's
contest.ini file.

K6LL is certainly correct that DL4RCK and VE3NEA, as well as the RTTY
Skimmer testing group have put a lot of effort into trying to find a
solution to this issue.  Alex wrote some diagnostic tools and we went
through thousands of QSOs trying to solve it.

I am not trying to be polemical but we really need folk to insert a CR/LF
before all transmission macros and a space after it.  It would help if a
CR/LF was also inserted at the end of the macro (and yes, I understand the
reasons why CR/LF are a pain).

Wes, WZ7I