[RTTY] WHY put CQ at the end?

Wes Cosand wz7i at arrl.net
Tue Feb 17 15:55:14 EST 2015

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 3:12 PM, David G3YYD <g3yyd at btinternet.com> wrote:

> In the recent CQWPXRTTY no skimmer spotted me... I suspect it is because
> my contest callsign is so short.
>
> My CQ call was: CQ M7T M7T CQ M7T
>
> I find that there are still a lot of people around who do not realise that
> England has these minimum length callsigns even though they have been in
> use for more than a decade.
>
> David:

I do not understand why no skimmer picked up your CQ calls.  I would have
thought I would have received it during periods of the contest.

The most likely call sign patterns for VE3NEA's skimmers are in a table,
Patt3Ch.lst, the latest of which can be downloaded from
http://www.reversebeacon.net/pages/patt3ch.lst+21

In that file the line for your call is
+M7@
which indicates that it is quite likely that such a call would be heard by
the skimmer.

Wes, WZ7I