[RTTY] RTTY Skimmer Server computer hardware needed to handle WPX without throttling

Jeff AC0C keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Tue Feb 17 18:50:01 EST 2015

I ran Alex’s RTTY Skimmer Server over the WPX contest weekend and had a tough time decoding multiple bands without throttling, even though the PC it was running on is pretty stout.

If you ran RTTY Skimmer Server over WPX and managed to do so on multiple bands without throttling, I would be very interested to know what your computer configuration was.  I need to put together a new box for this task and have no idea how to size the hardware.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie