[RTTY] Question about NAQP rules

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Tue Feb 24 14:11:04 EST 2015

Hi Ric

I would say that they not cheating if using a high power rig at 100
watts.  Same way for amps - they are not cheating if they have one and
throttle it back.  If someone wants to game the system, they will do it
regardless.

I don't understand the rule.  What is the purpose of it?  Why not just
say '100 watts maximum power' and leave it at that.  I would love to be
able to turn my TS-450's down to about 15 or 20 watts and drive the amp
to 100 and let things loaf along.

How about a KX3 and KPA100?  Is that legal?

The 100 watt limit is the best thing happening in contesting!!  Wish
they were all that way :-) 73

Tom W7WHY