[RTTY] [CORRECTED] ARRL Request for Member comment on Proposed HF Band Plan Change

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Feb 26 10:43:06 EST 2015

In reality it should probably be "no" to every question with the
following comments:

1) expand 80 meter data to 3675 not 3650 ...
2) place the "automatically controlled data" segments at 3570-3575,
    7115-7120, 14130-14140, 21180-21190 and 28280-28290 *ONLY* - no
    automatic control on 30, 17 or 12 meters due to the limited
    available spectrum.
3) require *all* automatically controlled data - including the "auto-
    responding stations" - operate in the automatic control sub-bands.
4) require all automatically controlled data stations include fully
    functioning "channel busy" detectors calibrated for 125% of the
    bandwidth to be used including any "enhanced speed" modes.
5) require all automatically controlled data stations - including
    "auto-responding stations" and US licensed amateurs operating
    systems off shore - list their frequencies, operating times, and
    control operator telephone number in a publicly accessible database
7) require any manually controlled digital station include visual means
    (e.g. spectrum display or "waterfall") to determine if the transmit
    frequency is busy before transmitting *or* include a functioning
    "channel busy" detector calibrated for 125% of the bandwidth
    to be used including any "enhanced speed" modes.
6) allow Novice/Technician licensees RTTY (45.45 baud, 170 Hz shift)
    and PSK31 only within their current and the expanded 80 meter
    licensed spectrum.

These will all required FCC action but should be much less
controversial than RM-11708.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV