[RTTY] Question about NAQP rules

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Thu Feb 26 12:07:24 EST 2015

Steve, I suggest you carefully re-read the rule.

1. Nowhere does the rule say you can not use a 200 watt transceiver,
only that you can not use an external amplifier and you must keep the
power to 100 watts or less.

2.  Just because I run an amplifier capable of a KW does not mean I am
driving it that hard. I can easily throttle back my transceiver to
limit the amp to 100 watts or less output.

To show how dumb this rule is, think about this.  Suppose I homebrew a
KW transceiver and put it all in one cabinet. According to the rules,
that is legal as long as I keep the power down to 100 watts or less.
But suppose I build the exact same transceiver but put it in two
cabinets? Now it is illegal according to the rules. Does that make any
sense?

This rule was not well thought out and should be rescinded.

Bill W6WRT