[RTTY] TS-450 Power Rating

Dave Barr recordupe at verizon.net
Fri Feb 27 11:19:24 EST 2015

On 2/26/2015 5:43 PM, rtty-request at contesting.com wrote:
> It would just be nice not to have to crank my TS-450 down and only run
> 40 watts when doing a RTTY contest.  Yeah, I know, I know, 'buy a better
> radio'. 73
> Tom W7WHY
The specs for the TS 450 show 100 watts for FSK (as well as for FM).  As
far as I can see there is nothing in the Digital operation sections of
the manual suggesting transmitting at reduced power.

I ran my TS 440 for many years and never had a "final" problem; some
other problems involving PLL board glue, yes, but never the power problems.

Dave, K2YG