[RTTY] RU macros

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Jan 4 12:01:40 EST 2015

Peter, this is incorrect on multiple levels, and too snarky by half.

1.  N1MM+ is completely new.  The old Ini file will not work with it,
and it is not practical to write any sort of a conversion script while
it is still changing daily.  Just as one example, N1MM+ supports up to
99 com ports, and it automatically detects which ports are available.
Classic was limited to 8 ports, and you had to figure out which ones
were live from the Device Manager.  We could spend all the developers'
time on modifying the script. Afar better approach is open Classic and
N1MM+ side by side and use your forebrain to transfer settingsfrom one
Configurer to the other, as Larry suggested.

2. I suspect that the "too old" dialog results because you were trying
to update from one of the betas to the current public release.  What you
need to do is install the public Full Install
<http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=7>,
reboot, and then install the latest update.  From then on, you'll be
told once per new build, and of course you can always go back to the
Files section of the website if you miss one or more.

3.  Once you are running N1MM+, it will tell you every time you start up
if a new update is ready.  If you agree to install it then, it stops
N1MM+, runs an installer for the update, and then asks you if you want
to start the new one.  I don't see how that can be made much easier.

4. What you derisively refer to as "apparently the builds are daily?"
is, in fact, a reflection of a philosophy that has been in effect for as
long as I've been associated with the N1MM Logger project - about 10
years. Instead of piling up bug reports and feature requests for 6
months or a year before publishing an update, Tom has chosen to update
in near real time.I forget the computer science name for this
philosophy, but it works.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,