[RTTY] Lids running RTTY on the JT65 Frequency

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Mon Jan 5 16:37:27 EST 2015

The issue with the JT modes is that they only work (in a practical sense) on fixed channels.  If you can't hear it, and it takes 2 minutes or whatever to decode it, then you're not going to find it by tuning around - you have to know where to look.  While I agree with Joe w/r/t avoiding the known hangouts, I do have a problem with any mode than can autonomously lay claim to any particular frequency or set of frequencies at the expense of other users just because it won't work without the defacto allocation.

And I have a real problem with 80M where any prohibition on transmitting below .080 effectively limits the band to 20 kHz of RTTY.

Al
AB2ZY