[RTTY] Lids running RTTY on the JT65 Freq

Ron Kolarik rkolarik at neb.rr.com
Mon Jan 5 21:53:04 EST 2015

Joe I get your point, 9 BWAS JT65 so I'm used to getting flattened by
almost every
other mode including SSB on 40m, but to penalize a station for operating
in a certain
frequency range won't work. If you're going that route make sure to get
a list of ALL
the frequencies the unattended stations "own" so they can be avoided as
well, never
know when one of them will fire up and you better not be on their
channel. That should
pretty much limit the operating space to a few kHz for RTTY. The best
solution is to
have one of the JT guys switch modes to RTTY and politely tell the
errant op what's
going on, that's how I discovered the JT modes, and a nice follow up
email with details
and links will go a long way to ease the situation.

73,
Ron
K0IDT