[RTTY] JT65A/JT9 Modes/Frequencies

Thomas F. Giella W4HM thomasfgiella at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 06:49:19 EST 2015

I've been operating the digital modes since 2003 starting with PSK31. This
led me to operate other digital modes including MFSK16, OLIVIA, RTTY. And
last but not least JT65A and JT9. BTW I began RTTY contesting in 2006 and
really enjoy it.

The JT65A and JT9 modes do have a distinctive sound and appearance on a
waterfall display such as MMTTY. I participated in the ARRL RTTY Roundup
this past weekend and never operated below 14081, 21081 and 28081 kHz to in
order to protect the weak JT65A and JT9 signals and it did not impact my
score in a negative way.

It's not hard to avoid QRMing weak JT65A and JT9 modes in a RTTY contest.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella W4HM
Lakeland, FL, USA
thomasfgiella at gmail.com