[RTTY] Contest QRMing of other digimodes (ARRL BOD)

Mark n2qt n2qt.va at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 17:41:42 EST 2015

As an aside, the upcoming ARRL BoD meeting starts Jan 16.  It has on the agenda
the Report from the Ad Hoc HF Band Plan committee.  As you probably know this was
created in response to the unhappiness expressed after the preemptory release of
RM-11708.  There may well also be discussion over the BoD comments related to new
Technician class digital mode privileges.

These reports are often covered under the Consent Agenda which means they may not
be disclosed in the resulting minutes if no action is taken.  So we may not know what was
reported or what possible direction the board may be considering.

I hope everyone has previously expressed their opinions to the Band Plan Committee. I also
am hopeful that we may learn what the committee has concluded.

I intend to ask my director for transparency on these topics.

Mark. N2QT