[RTTY] W6WRT email hacked

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Mon Jul 13 21:51:02 EDT 2015

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 17:08:19 -0400, you wrote:

>Yup...got the same msg here....
>
>Unless we need to send him funds to the Philippines??
>
>How bout it Bill?...Maybe the headhunters got ya by now in New Guinea..I am
> sure you have hopped there by now.
>
>Mike W2GR

REPLY:

I am at a loss as to how this hacking happened. Anyone can spoof my
email address, but the real question is how did they get YOUR address?
My Yahoo address book is empty since I rarely use that account, and my
only address book is on my local computer. I have antivirus, a very
strong password on my local computer email program and a firewall.
Apparently not enough.

Any advice on this is welcome.

73, Bill W6WRT