[RTTY] RTTY frequencies

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Fri Jul 31 18:00:32 EDT 2015

On 2015-07-31 4:21 PM, Bill Turner wrote:
 > Those are good recommendations except I would avoid frequencies
 > between 70 to 80 kHz up from the bottom band edge (except 160 meters).
 > Those frequencies are heavily used by PSK, JT65 and other digital
 > modes.

Since RTTY frequencies are generally the frequency of the *MARK*
signal which is the *higher* of the two tones, I would recommend
avoiding frequencies below xx.080.5 to keep the entire RTTY signal
outside of the JT65 and JT9 areas.

It gets very annoying to hear high power RTTY contest signals in the
relatively narrow segments for JT65 (xx.076 USB carrier) and JT9
(xx.078 USB carrier) during even the "fringe" RTTY contests.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV