[RTTY] E30FB Eritrea TrIfecta

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Tue Mar 17 16:52:13 EDT 2015

Congrats to all who worked them!

I got them too on Sunday on RTTY.  It was the hardest contact on RTTY
that I have made.  I only run 500 watts so I generally take a backseat
to the big boys with bigger antennas and 1500 watts.  I was pretty much
resigned to not working them on RTTY when I saw my call print!

I worked them early on on 10, 15 and 20m SSB.  Quite easily on the 1st
day which was shocking again 500 watts on SSB takes a back seat.  I got
them on 17m and 12m too.  30 and 40 meters just never happened.   So
that chase will continue.  80m they were barely heard here and I have
nothing on 160 that would get there but I think very few worked them
from the states on 160.

I have to wonder if RTTY was just an after thought.  Obviously the
reverse sending was a problem for a few days.  The rate was terrible.  I
worked the 7q and 9Q stations very easily in comparison, the pileups
were smaller but well managed.  Maybe the E30 guys had terrible noise to
deal with.  I guess we will find out in the coming days.  I know that
160 noise was a huge problem for them.

I was happy with one contact as it was an ATNO on any band mode.

Mike W0MU