[RTTY] Help for FT-1000-MP Mark V

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Mar 31 09:10:24 EDT 2015

> I recall having to change one of the RTTY default settings to
> reverse.

Any of the Yaesu (or Kenwood) transceivers will need to have the
RTTY Polarity (6-1 for MK V) or equivalent set to REVERSE if the
FSK interface emulates the "single transistor" interface like the
one shown on AA5AU's web site or the MMTTY documentation.

The default FSK setting for Elecraft, Kenwood, Ten-Tec and Yaesu
assume the FSK line is open circuit for MARK and low impedance to
ground for SPACE.  Interfaces that emulate the single transistor
from the TxD line of a UART generate an output opposite that - the
UART output is high (> +5V) for Mark and low (< -5V) for space and
the NPN transistor inverts the sense.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV