[RTTY] Thursday NS RTTY

Ken K6MR k6mr at outlook.com
Tue May 5 21:42:28 EDT 2015

Greetings Diddlers!

Well that was a full QSO Party weekend! Luckily for those of us in states outside of all the sponsoring areas we only needed to program one exchange. Certainly simplifies things!

Pretty good turnout for NS RTTY last week, and we welcomed KU7Y (NV!) and W5AP (who is now a regular). W1UJ even made it through the Boston traffic to join us again!

As a reminder for you N1MM+ users out there, be sure to use the SPRINTLADD contest selection when setting up for NS when the dupe rule is active. This will allow you to log stations according to the "dupe rule". It's not obvious I know, but it's been this way for so long there is no reason to change it now. SPRINTNS is the other selection that is used when the dupe rule is not active. The special NS setups also ensure that you get credit for multipliers per band, which is different from the 'real' Sprint rules.

Thursday (in NA) is our regular weekly RTTY get together if you feel so inclined. 15 meters has been good the last few weeks, so be sure to move one band higher at the beginning and give a listen.  The low bands were much quieter on the west coast last week, but who knows what this week will bring.

Dupe rule still in effect, so don't let the small number of unique stations slow you down. Remember, you need to work a different station on the same band or any station on a different band before working the dupe. And there is no limitation how many times you can do this, so have at it!  If you are new to SO2R this is great practice using both radios to your advantage.

And the details:
Friday, 8 May 2015, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday 7 May 2015 in NA)
-- 1845 - 1915 PST
-- 2145 - 2215 EST
-- (others in-between these two)
-- 160: 1805 and up
-- 80/40/20/15 +80kHz up from the band edge
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules.
-- 100W power limit.

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links to other info.

Report scores to 3830scores.com, and join us at 0300Z on 3610 kHz for comments and questions (and dinner menus).

Diddle diddle,

 Ken K6MR