[RTTY] TinyFSK update

aflowers at frontiernet.net aflowers at frontiernet.net
Sat Oct 3 15:16:16 EDT 2015

I've updated TinyFSK to be compatible to both USOS and non-USOS demodulators.  This results in a few extra shifts being sent in most messages (typically 2 or 3 in an alphanumeric exchange like CQWW for US/VE stations), but it should print identically even if you mess up your USOS configuration in the receiver as long as you don't get any bit errors.
You can read the details in the release notes, and for the real detail, the source code comments around the configuration:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~aflowers/tinyfsk/

You shouldn't have to do anything other load the new firmware into the device as the extra shift characters are handled under the hood when needed.  Note also that the new firmware will tell you a version number on the configuration display so you can know what you have loaded.
Please let me know if you have any issues.  I'm not an avid MMTTY user let alone expert, so I don't know all the possible settings that can be tinkered with to mess things up.
As always, thanks for the feedback, everyone.
Andy K0SM/VE3