[RTTY] Tinyfsk, 2Tone and USOS

Charles Lind cxl24 at case.edu
Mon Sep 28 09:02:21 EDT 2015

I did some experimenting:  Using Writelog or N1MM+ with a macro "599 05 NY
NY" sending with 2Tone/Tinyfsk.......a second rig (756 Pro) set up with
plain vanilla MMTTY receives "599 05 ,6 ,6".  To get proper receive the
MMTTY USOS button must be manually depressed.  Copy on the 756 Pro decode
window is always correct.  Inserting hyphens into the macro corrects
things.  Switching out to a simple transistor interface sending via MMTTY
always gives correct print on the remote receive rig, whether or not the
USOS button is depressed.  I would suggest that if Vlad and Mark--and I'm
sure all those hams who asked for state repeats--are seeing this odd print,
that there is something going on with the Tinyfsk interface.

Chuck, N8CL