[RTTY] SO2R

Ken K6MR k6mr at outlook.com
Mon Sep 28 22:43:59 EDT 2015

True enough. The problem I see is if the station decides you have the call wrong at the TU message it’s too late. Once you send TU the other stations are now calling and you may not hear/see the previous station’s call correction. Or do you think it’s a completely new station? Or, what if your sending of the call <once> in the TU message gets clobbered, and now he <thinks> you have the call wrong when you really have it right.  Kind of like those stations that repeat your exchange to you. Did he get it wrong or did I get a bad decode of his re-sent data?

I know, I’m over thinking this. And I’ll be the first to admit limited experience. I’ve pretty much decided to treat RTTY and cw the same way. Except for a few CRs, all my messages are the same between modes. I just have the luxury of a machine to do the copying for me…

Thanks for your thoughts.

Ken K6MR