[RTTY] Decoder performance on crowded bands

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Sep 29 07:02:31 EDT 2015

Jeff, I'd be interested to know to what you attribute the reduction in
the number of S&P mis-spots.  Is it simply because with many Skimmers
spotting this year, the chance of someone mistakenly spotting any given
S&Per as CQing becomes more likely?

Rather than running your own Skimmer, people could (through ARC V6)
limit spotters to nearby stations and then apply the CT1BOH Skimquality
filters for further quality control.  One of the things I really like
about them is that you can either just *see* the evaluation on-screen or
actually use it as a filter - so, for example, you could filter out
everything that is not spotted the same way by 3 or more Skimmers
worldwide, while still only actually seeing the spots coming from people
near you.

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check