[RTTY] VK0EK and FT4JA

Tom Martin tmartin at chartermi.net
Fri Apr 8 17:01:59 EDT 2016

Well, as I reported a while back, I got them on 40 with the rotatable
dipole at 80 feet.  Working FT4JA has been more difficult but I got them
on 30 CW and RTTY.

I couldn't even print them on my Butternut HF6.  I went to the 80 meter
sloper at 60 feet through an external tuner and got them, after about 45
minutes.  The 80 sloper does pretty well on 30 meters. I've got 239
countries with that antenna and another 30 using my 40 meter rotatable
dipole with an external tuner.

The biggest problem with both the FT4 and VK0 DXpeditions has been the
inconsistency of operation.  They appear for about an half hour and
disappear.  I hope that the CY9 group spends more time on RTTY. I need
Sable for #316 on RTTY.

Not much time left for VK0 and FT4.  Good luck.

73,

Tom W8JWN