[RTTY] FT4JA performance

John Barber john at bordertech.co.uk
Mon Apr 11 11:22:32 EDT 2016

Right on the nail.

The last multi-mode trip I went on ended up with 35K QSOs, 7K on RTTY. That was with just one RTTY op for much of the time and without any priority on the best bands. Peak rates were over 100 per hour for long periods. These big operations with 4 or more stations running should keep 1 station on RTTY all the time, not just work a few hours in the last few days.

VK0EK did not use the leaderboard but it was easy to see what was happening in those last days. I checked a list of stations as they were worked, at a time when there were 4 CW stations active and nothing else. Out of 20 callsigns, 19 of them already had more than 10 bandslots. There must be a way to let more of the smaller stations get just 1 contact for an ATNO.

John GW4SKA