[RTTY] rckskimmer, still worth setting up?

Jurgen Geldhof list at on5mf.be
Sun Apr 17 04:52:42 EDT 2016

Hi,

the nearest station skimming for the digital modes is some 600km away
from here. So I was thinking of setting up a modest skimmer station for
the digital modes here locally.

I still have some questions though:

  * I have most of the gear I need to run RCKskimmer (old transceiver
    etc). Is it still worth to run RCKskimmer or is it a waste of time
    and resources to set everything up? I don't know yet if I want to
    spend €800+ to purchase an SDR receiver.
  * does RCKskimmer have the same problem with separating the
    'DE-stations' from the 'CQ-stations'?

What do you guys think?

Jurgen Geldhof
ON5MF / OQ6A