[RTTY] EP2A West of the Mississippi

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Wed Apr 20 12:41:17 EDT 2016

I have yet to even hear them on 30 meter RTTY here in Southern
California, although I hear stations calling them. According to
PropView, the 30 meter window to them from here is only about two
hours long, compared to 20 meters which is open most of the day.

I don't understand their choice of band for that mode. Most hams do
not have beams for 30, not to mention the power restrictions. Their
band chart on their website shows frequencies for 20 through 10, so
why not use them?

http://www.lral.lv/exped/ep2a/freq.html

Could it be that the Iranian authorities have imposed that
restriction?

73, Bill W6WRT