[RTTY] A question on the history of the major RTTY contests

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Mon Aug 15 12:42:06 EDT 2016

Yes, there is a historical reason.  The RTTY modes were instigated by different people.  Also, in those days RTTY was not perceived as a sibling to CW and SSB, but rather a different species.  Now, though, if the other modes choose to comply with the RTTY rules I'm happy to adopt them into our family.  Seriously, apart from a few rules differences, we really do work closely together today.

73,
Ed W0YK