[RTTY] Friend File

Ron W7FIA fia at clouddancer.com
Sun Feb 7 14:38:12 EST 2016

> John KK9A/W4AAA wrote:
>
> sometimes I get Hi diddle diddle diddle, which is the bad thing
> about sending Hi to everyone if they are not in the file.

There are still keyboard ops.  The above situation didn't occur in RU
(while at W0PC), perhaps you mute the audio.  I listen, can tell my
callsign in RTTY tones (and TU), and diddle-diddle is also a easily
recognized pattern.  I heard about 3 contacts with diddles over the 2
days I was sitting in the contest shack (I've forgotten, but I think
W0PC made about 600 contacts).