[RTTY] Simple thing that seemed to improve my S&Ping

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Feb 8 08:55:54 EST 2016

In most contests you do not loose points if the other station incorrectly
copies your callsign. Personally I do not like when someone holds the
report hostage. On most modes sending your call twice before the report is
a good clue that something is wrong. Unfortunately on RTTY it is common
for people to do this even when the call is received correctly, so getting
their attention may be more challenging. Typically after the report I
think many people stop copying and they may even transmit over you at this
point so sending your call at the end to make a correction is too late.

John KK9A