[RTTY] CQ WPX RTTY & cluster filter

pcooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Thu Feb 11 11:07:01 EST 2016

Hi all,

Don't filter too closely, or you may miss something unusual!
It can be useful to see if other bands are open, or opening in other areas to give you a heads-up as to potential activity.

You could limit it to showing only the band you are operating on, but if - say 10m opened - you might miss that if you are only seeing spots for 20m.

Just because they are spotted on the cluster doesn't mean a great deal, as some spotters (eg skimmers) will see stuff most of us can't hear, and if there's a spot for something "nice", the chances are that too many others will be there before you anyway.

When I use the cluster, I allow everything to get through, just so that I cna see what the propagation is like, and then base my activity on that. In the Roundup, I thought 15m would be the money band, yet it wasn't. 20m was far more productive for me.

Just my thougts..........

73 de Phil GU0SUP