[RTTY] New to RTTY

Jim Hooper k9qjs at icloud.com
Tue Feb 16 20:59:41 EST 2016

Hi folks,

I am pretty new to RTTY.   I did 250 QSOs in the CQ WPX RTTY contest this past weekend and it was fun.

I’m likely one of those with 6 seconds between CQ transmissions, but heh, I’m learning.    At least I can say that, when doing S&P and I suspected the other station did not have my call sign correct, I sent my call sign correction before sending my numbers.

Using a Mac and fairly persistent in wanting to do so, which I can clearly see is a disadvantage compared to PC based MMTTY and other apps.

Just recently joined this group and the postings on good practices are appreciated.

73,
Hoop
K9QJS