[RTTY] RTTY Contest Operating

Ron W7FIA fia at clouddancer.com
Thu Feb 18 01:41:14 EST 2016

> From: Bill Turner <dezrat at outlook.com>
> Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 22:27:36 -0800
>
> ------------ ORIGINAL MESSAGE ------------(may be snipped)
>
> On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 22:00:33 -0800, Ed wrote:
>

> >I don't think the miniscule speed decrease is a factor.
>
> REPLY:
>
> You might be surprised.  If you send 5NN 2000 times during a contest,
> that adds an extra 5.5 minutes. That applies to receiving 5NN too.
>
> 167 mS x 2000 = 334000 mS or 5.5 minutes.
>
> How many more stations can you work in 5.5 minutes?
>
> 73, Bill W6WRT

The reported scores so far all show rates under 60 per hour.
5 more stations is noise in reported QSOs
minor jockeying in group
  (interesting enough contesters tend to group together in similar
  score range, with large gaps between the groups -- some sort of
  skill increase pays off big apparently)

it's a long way to the top
(future) WT7AA