[RTTY] RTTY Contest Operating

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Thu Feb 18 12:24:53 EST 2016

Why do you let a CQ message finish while another station is waiting for you
to respond?  That's not necessary in any mode.  The priority is backwards.

Besides, I get just as many answers to my truncated CQs as I do the
"finished" ones.  It's not hard for people to figure out.

Ed W0YK

John KK4A wrote:

I operate the same way and I concur with these rules. I worked W6SX on
four bands last weekend. Hank was so efficient that I left him waiting at
least once, while I had to wait for radio #2 to stop transmitting a long
CQ. During most QSOs my long radio #2 CQ ended long before it was time to
complete the contact.