[RTTY] RTTY Contest Operating

Jeff AC0C keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Thu Feb 18 14:52:58 EST 2016

I can see Bill's point.  Do it once with what is clearly overkill but then
you can be sure it's done.

I don’t' have to send repeats too much and in that case, I find 3x on the
resend of the exchange to work good for me.  But I don't have any hard
data - it just seems like I moved to 3x from 2x a while back because I had
to repeat the 2x a couple of times too many.  For ed, who generally has a
6-digit exchange from running 100K Q's each contest, keeping the repeat
count low avoids a 60-second long transmission cycle (ha ha).

I wonder what Don AA5AU has for repeat count?  He's generally running LP and
does not have Ed's favored QTH so his experience may be closer to what the
average guy would encounter.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie