[RTTY] Dayton RTTY Contest Dinner

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Mon Feb 22 23:45:43 EST 2016

Several people have asked about details of a RTTY Contesting Dinner at the
Dayton Hamvention this year, probably Thursday evening (after CTU) to avoid
all the other dinners over the weekend.

Unfortunately, there has been a dearth of volunteers to organize such a
dinner.  Fred, WW4LL, graciously volunteered two years ago to get this
dinner going again after a long hiatus of many years.  Fred did a great job
on those dinners for all of us, but is taking this year off from dinner
organizing!  Cheryl, AA4YL, suggested last fall that maybe we could all meet
at the Spaghetti Warehouse a couple blocks from the Crowne Plaza as an
alternative.

I think it would be great to continue what Fred re-started, even if we can't
find volunteers to organize a prize raffle and/or a speaker.  The most I can
personally do is organize a venue, get a webpage sign-up/payment system and
at least provide a means for us to spend a social evening together.  Anyone
who wants to help out and embellish a basic dinner with a prize raffle,
speaker, etc. would be most welcome.

So, I'd like some feedback from you all who are attending Dayton:
	1. Will you step up and organize the dinner this year?  If not,
	1. Are you interested in a Thursday evening dinner, and if so
	2. Do you have a strong preference for either:
		a. A Crowne Plaza banquet room dinner as in the past, or
		b. A Spaghetti Warehouse family-style dinner down the
street?

Ed W0YK