[RTTY] 10 Meters for NAQP RTTY

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Sun Feb 28 10:29:56 EST 2016

I operated on 20, 15 and 10 starting at 1815. After 30 minutes of both S&P and running, I had only 12 contacts, got discouraged and gave up.  Stations that were S8 and above did not answer repeated calls from me. I think I had one 10m QSO.  Figured I had an antenna problem of some sort.

Went out to dinner later in the day and gave it a second go starting around 0330. 80m was hopping and I had some great fun there with my 20 foot high inverted V that's used only for SS and NAQP. 40m did not seem as active but had great fun there as well with the Butternut vertical.  Ended up with 110 contacts after an hour and a half of a very unserious overall effort.

I'm beginning to think that the daytime propagation was long and my vertical was overshooting everyone. On the same antenna at night, everything was normal.

Al
AB2ZY