[RTTY] 50.070 RTTY

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 1 09:31:28 EST 2016

I've always run RTTY at 50.3 MHz.

-----Original Message-----
From: RTTY [mailto:rtty-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Joe Subich, W4TV
Sent: Friday, January 1, 2016 8:28 AM
To: rtty at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 50.070 RTTY

That is correct - only CW between 50.0 and 50.1.

§97.305 Authorized emission types says at (a) Except as specified elsewhere in this part an amateur station may transmit CW emission on any frequency authorized to the control operator.  Then in the table at (c) limits 50.1-51.0 to MCW, phone, image, RTTY and data with 6 Hz bandwidth for modes other than data and 20 KHz for data
(19.6 kbaud).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV