[RTTY] ARRL RTTY Roundup Score K0BX

joeduerbusch k0bx at arrl.net
Mon Jan 4 15:38:15 EST 2016

ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K0BX
Operator(s): K0BX
Station: K0BX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
   80:  124
   40:  138
   20:  233
   15:  154
   10:   46
------------
Total:  695  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 50  Total Score = 73,670

Club: Boeing ARC-STL

Comments:

I looked at the HF forecast before the contest and was worried that it was going
to be a bummer.  But I was surprised to find 10 and 15 meters full of signals.
I worked those bands until sunset.  On to 20 then to 40 and then 80 which was
full of good signals and low noise.
Sunday morning 1500Z 20 meters had a good opening to Europe. As you know
multipliers are really important as they can only be counted once, not per
band.
The rest of the Sunday was spent between 20 and 15.  Late afternoon moved to 40
meters.
695 is my 2nd highest qso total.  I once got over 700.  I have been in the RR
in all of them except for the first year.  Back then you could win with 250
QSO's.
Equipment:  Flex-6300 Transceiver, Elecraft KPA-500 Amp.
Writelog with MMTTY Plug-in.
Antenna's:  Hygain 204BA 4 Element monobander at 50 feet.
Hygain DB1015, 7 Elements, 4 on 10 and 3 on 15 on a common boom at 40 feet.
Butternut Vertical for 40/80.
I have been on RTTY for over 40 years and still get a kick out of it.

Joe K0BX
STL-MO

#1 Honor Roll Mixed
Honor Roll RTTY
5BDXCC Plus 30,17,12
5BWAS

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk)
without my permission.