[RTTY] RTTY Cut Numbers

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 14:30:19 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Stanley Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan at gmail.com> wrote:
> One big reason for contests to be consistent across modes is to keep the guys who program the contest loggers (N1MM, etc.) sane. They have a tough enough time now keeping up with contest changes.

Hooey.  I'd rather sponsors try to find a niche with their exchange.
My favorite one is the ARRL November Sweepstakes exchange but that
doesn't mean I think all contests should use it.  As for software,
that's not the sponsor's problem assuming they don't mandate a
particular piece of software.  If software authors want to remain
relevant to their users, they'll keep up.

RST is a nuisance since it adds nothing but makes the QSO longer.
Kudos to BARTG for getting rid of it in the Sprints.