[RTTY] Contest this weekend

Simone Wilson m0box at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 21 20:25:46 EST 2016

CQ Diddlers,

Thanks Bill for the reminder, you beat me to posting it up.

The 2016 EXPERTS list is now online for  you perusal at

http://s3.spanglefish.com/s/7850/documents/contests/experts%20list/bartg%202
016%20experts%20list.pdf

Please note that it is the CALL used that denotes the EXPERT status.

Reading through the posts with other questions, they seem to be answered
correctly, so I won't muddy the waters any more than necessary. Suffice to
say that if you do have a question, do CC me at my personal email so I
answer in a timely fashion.

As to the Spring/Sprint thing. The first test of the season is the sprint so
called because the exchange is shortened by there not being a requirement to
send an RST. This is a saving in the QSO time and so in theory faster and
you can sprint through the contacts. I know it doesn't really fit with the
normally accepted use of the term sprint, but hey, were English and like to
do things a little differently old boy hi hi.

The HF contest was originally called the Spring contest as it was held in
our UK spring time. It was the first and is the oldest RTTY contest - just
by a few months though - that is still running and this year sees the 62nd
event take place. Not sure when Spring was superseded by HF, but perhaps one
of the other committee members can clarify that.

I'm looking forward to receiving your logs via the robot at the link
http://bartg.rsgbcc.org/cgi-bin/hfenter.pl  which reminds me I need to test
it tomorrow. Remember that you will need to provide a valid email address so
that the robot can send you confirmation of receipt and any basic errors
detected. It is permissible to modify your log to correct errors such as
altering a Capital O for a 0(Zero), i.e. where the fingers got in the way,
so pay attention to the robot's response. The receipt will also give you
details so that you can log onto the website to retrieve your UBN report.
Why do I state this, well because a lot of browsers remember the details you
enter into forms. Finger trouble with the email address is remembered and so
you never get a receipt for your entry. Please do take care and type your
email address correctly as this is the only way I have of contacting you if
I need to check something in your log.

Finally I have a brand new adjudication tool that will help me enormously in
the checking of the non-confirmed contacts. This aspect takes the majority
of the time in searching for the errors, and this new tool speeds this
process up dramatically.

Have a good test guys & gals, may the propagation be with you.

73 es 88 de Simone. M0BOX
BARTG Contest Manageress