[RTTY] NS RTTY this Thursday

Ken K6MR k6mr at outlook.com
Wed Jul 6 01:28:58 EDT 2016

Greetings Diddlers!

Our usual contingent was back last week and also a couple of new calls. Welcome to W5AJ and AF6SA, we hope to see Bob and Stef back in the future. We also had W0DB join in, but it was really WD0T in disguise. But now that Joe has a RTTY station all set up we’re hoping to see the rare NE mult more in the future!

Looks like the upcoming weekend is kinda quiet, with IARU for the DX types and a chance to revive your straight key skills with the SKCC Sprint. Alas, no RTTY.

Need some quality keyboard time? We’re always here. Please join us Thursday evening (in NA) and make sure your RTTY setup is always at the ready!  Conditions don’t seem to be getting better, and now there are rumors of some kind of modern “Maunder Minimum”! It might be time to tune up the low band antennas just in case (and find that warm coat!)..

Here’s the usual list of times, rules and extra notes for our usual Thursday soiree:

Friday, 8 July 2016, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday 7 July 2016 in NA)
-- 1845 - 1915 PDT
-- 2145 - 2215 EDT
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up
-- 80/40/20/15 +80kHz up from the band edge (Don’t forget to check 15!)
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band.
-- 100W power limit.

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules
and links to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please
let me know so we can get them fixed.

Report scores to 3830scores.com (please?), and join us at 0300Z on 3610 kHz
for comments and questions (and dinner menus).

Diddle diddle,

Ken K6MR